April 29th is Gifted Education Day!
The state of Georgia has declared April 29th to be Gifted Education Day and advocates for gifted education around the country are joining in!
Some ideas for ways to celebrate and advocate on Gifted Education Day:
- Thank your child’s teacher(s) for the differentiated instruction they provide
- Contact the Board of Education asking for more opportunities for gifted students
- Send an email to Governor Snyder requesting Michigan also declare a Gifted Education Day
- Read a book like Teaching Gifted Kids in the Regular Classroom and share the ideas with your child’s teacher
- Join the Michigan Alliance for Gifted Education. Be sure to tell them you are a Rochester SAGE member!
- Check out items for gifted children at Prufrock Press and Bright Ideas
- Feature a program at the PTA meeting to promote academic excellence
- Invite newspapers, media, etc. to visit gifted education classrooms
- Wear buttons or pins promoting Gifted Education Day
- Provide a book or other item for advanced and gifted students in your child’s classroom
- Reply to this post with questions you have about gifted education
- Encourage a friend to sign up for Rochester SAGE!
Happy Gifted Education Day to all gifted students and parents, teachers, and others who support them!
Together we can make a difference for gifted children!
Thank you for reading Rochester SAGE.
Rochester Supports Advanced & Gifted Education